Thursday, November 3, 2011

I can't believe it's November!!

Another month has passed and it is November already!! October just flew by for me. This time of year tends to go by so quickly so my goal is to enjoy each moment and be intentional about the memories that we create!

Halloween has come and gone...now it is time to take down the Halloween decor. I don't know about you, but my decorations go up so much easier than they come down. It's a good thing that the majority of my decorations are fall decorations and can stay up for a while longer!

I never got around to posting my Halloween decor so let me give you a quick tour before I transition to non-Halloween fall decor!

On my mantle, I have a couple of Jack-o-lantern buckets up on my pedestals...

IMG_1797, edit

These pedestals held my birdhouses all spring and summer...

image

My favorite part of these Jack-o-lantern buckets is that all I have to do is turn them around to go from Halloween to Fall!!

IMG_1809, edit

I have a few window clings up on my living room mirror...

IMG_1798, edit

...back doors....

IMG_1810, edit

...and on the bathroom mirror.

IMG_1807, edit

I'm not a huge fan of these, but the girls like them. This is probably the last year that I will use some of them. I might keep the leaves around though.

Up on the entertainment center, I have a fall-like frame with one of my favorite “fall” pictures of the girls…

IMG_1803, edit

In my entryway, I have a wall hanging that I made last year.

IMG_1804, edit

I actually got the pattern off of a tutorial for some really cute trick-or-treat gift bags on one of my favorite blogs...but we didn't need any more bags. I thought they would be cute to hang on the wall!

We also had an invasion of bats (or black birds depending on how much critiquing you would like to do of my hand-drawn bat silhouettes…lol!) in our entryway!

IMG_1554, edit

I had this idea saved for last year when Dana posted it, but I never got around to it.

Here is a sneak peak at my refinished stairs! I can't wait to share the before and afters. It took a lot longer than I intended it to, but they are almost finished now. One of the reasons I refinished them might be so that I could put these adorable mice up at Halloween, but I will deny that if my husband asks!

IMG_1665, edit

Seriously!?! How fun are those!

I made some pillow covers for the front porch pillows, but I only had time to finish the stenciling on one! I have a tutorial coming up for these pillows too!

IMG_1663, edit

I had so many other decor items on my list for Halloween, but they will have to wait until next year now. I barely finished my girls' costumes in time for trick-or-treating!!

IMG_1675, edit

My 6 year old watched The Wizard of Oz for the first time a couple of months ago so she wanted to be Dorothy. I made her a simple dress and Dorothy-ized her shoes.

IMG_1680, edit

She already had some pink sparkly shoes from last years costume (Fancy Nancy), so I just spray painted them red and poured fine red glitter on them while the paint was still wet. I had my doubts, but they actually turned out pretty good.

IMG_1679, edit

Much to her disappointment, she was not allowed to wear them in the house or in the car. I was afraid that I wouldn't be finding red glitter for years if she wore them around the house! I was surprised that they were still red and glittery by the end of the night...they actually held up pretty well!

My 3 year old LOVES Hello Kitty right now. She even has a Hello Kitty backpack! She saw a Hello Kitty costume in the Party City catalog and decided that was what she wanted to be. Her previous answer was a flower when I asked her what costume she wanted, so I was pretty happy when she changed her mind to Hello Kitty!

IMG_1793, edit

Of course, at this time of year, the only cat headbands around are black for Halloween. I'm sure I could have found one online, but I didn't prepare that far ahead of time. I just found a white fuzzy boa and wrapped it around a headband and some pipe cleaner for ears. I added some pink inside the ears and a bright pink bow...Voila!

IMG_1681, edit

Surprisingly, she left the cat ears on except for the last 15 minutes or so!

Even though I procrastinate and finish up their Halloween costumes at the last minute every year, I still love making them! I can't wait until they pick out their costumes for next year! Do you make your kids costumes or buy them?

Oh…and I didn’t forget about the winners of the storage labels. The 2 winners are Nicole and Kristi!! Congrats!!

No comments: