Friday, October 7, 2011

31 Days: Take Care of Yourself First

Do you know how the flight attendants instruct you to place your oxygen mask on before placing one on your child…in case of an emergency?

image

Well, that thought process can be used for moms on a day to day basis as well. We all know that when the mom isn’t feeling well, things don’t go as planned! Take care of yourself first so that you will feel up to everything that will go on in your busy day!

One of the most common complaints from moms around the world is that they don’t have enough energy! This isn’t surprising considering all of the ways that energy is depleted from our bodies:

  • lack of sleep
  • stress
  • refined carbohydrates
  • sugar
  • 2 year-olds
  • teenagers
  • LIFE

All of these things (OK…maybe not technically the 2 year olds and teenagers) deplete B vitamins which are essential for energy production in our cells!

B vitamins are some of the most essential vitamins to maintain the body’s normal function.

  • Essential for brain and nervous system
  • Convert food into energy
  • Form protective antibodies and healthy red blood cells
  • Reduce risk of heart disease
  • Have a profound effect on mood and emotions

Since the B vitamins are water-soluble, the body does not store them. Instead, your body excretes B vitamins constantly throughout the day.

IMG_1180

I recently started taking, in addition to my morning multivitamin/multimineral tablet, a B complex tablet at noon and another at 3pm. This keeps a constant flow of vitamin B in my body throughout the day and keeps me energized. I have noticed such a difference in my energy level since I started doing this!!

Also, since I don’t have time to get sick, I take a Vitamin C tablet as well. I buy the chewable kind so that my girls can take one each day in addition to their multivitamin.

One area that I definitely need to work on is drinking more water.

IMG_1184

I am really bad about this! I am a nurse so I know the importance of getting enough fluids in our bodies…therefore, I do not have an excuse!

I try to make sure that my kids have healthy lunches and snacks during the day, but I need to be careful about the snacks that I choose too.

These are just a few of the areas that we need to focus on in order to take care of ourselves and stay healthy for our families.

If you are looking for an amazing multivitamin/multinutrient tablet, check out Vitalizer! You are guaranteed to feel better in 30 days or you will get a full refund! I can absolutely tell the difference in my energy level and how I feel if I forget to take my Vitalizer for a couple of days! It’s amazing! You will also receive a free Shaklee membership when you order Vitalizer. What a great deal!

What are some steps that you take to make sure that you are feeling your best in order to tackle the day?

No comments: