Saturday, October 8, 2011

31 Days: A Peaceful Heart

I’m taking a break today from the long posts that I have been writing Here are a few quotes to think about as we start the weekend:

If there is to be peace in the world,
There must be peace in the nations.


If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.


If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.


If there is to be peace between neighbors,
There must be peace in the home.


If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.


-- Lao Tzu (570-490 B.C.)

 

In some of my recent posts, I have emphasized how important I think it is to take care of yourself as one of the first steps toward creating a peaceful home. So…how do you create peace in your heart as a step toward creating peace in your home?

Be Thankful!

image

The next time you find yourself stressed out or frustrated about something…traffic, housework, poor customer service…try to think of at least one thing that you are thankful for. These thoughts will produce joy and happiness in your day.

Relax!

image

Take some time to do something that you enjoy! I touched on a few suggestions for relaxation when I talked about how to handle stress.

Simplify!

image

Get rid of the things that are unnecessary in your life. They will just weigh you down mentally! I’m not only talking about physical items…but also commitments, activities, etc..

How do you create peace in your heart?

No comments: