Monday, September 26, 2011

Go Green Expo 2011

The Newport News Master Gardeners Association and the Virginia Cooperative Extension sponsored a fabulous event this past weekend!

image

Here’s a peek at some of the topics presented at the education stations:

go green

In addition to the education stations, there were

  • over 30 eco-friendly product and service vendors
  • special state and city representatives discussing green initiatives
  • a garden marketplace with plants, garden accessories, and baked goods
  • live music
  • raffles
  • rain barrel workshops
  • a fun kid’s zone (including the very popular worm station)

I was very excited to be able to participate as a vendor this year…

IMG_1035, edit

I probably needed 2 tables for all of the products that I brought along, but it worked out OK.

I was very thankful to have access to electricity so that I could have some of my favorite Shaklee videos playing.

IMG_1036, edit

I tried to separate the products into 4 categories by using some frames…

IMG_1037, edit

IMG_1038, edit

I also held a drawing for some of Shaklee’s kitchen products:

IMG_1039, edit

The winner of the drawing won 1 package of Shaklee’s Dish Washer Automatic Concentrate

image

I love this product!! I only use 1 scoop instead of the suggested 2 scoops and my dishes come out sparkling clean…even without a rinse agent. That means that I am getting 96 loads from this one bag!! Many dishwashing detergents are having trouble with the performance of their new phosphate-free formulas. Shaklee’s has always been phosphate-free and works better than any of the brands I used before Shaklee. That is why I chose to give this product away.

I also included the liquid Dish Wash Concentrate. I only need a couple drops to clean my hand wash dishes…it’s so concentrated! One bottle lasts me around 9 months! Pretty impressive, right?

image

Everyone I spoke with was so impressed with the cost-effectiveness of the cleaning products. The Scour-Off was a big hit too! Everyone loved the natural scent of the cherry pits in the Scour-Off!

IMG_1040, edit

Overall, the event went very well! I look forward to participating again next year!

No comments: