Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A New Decade Begins!

So...as of last weekend, I can no longer refer to myself as "twenty-something." Yep....I hit the big 3-0!

While I am a little sad to be moving out of my 20's, I am not completely devastated! I took some time to look back on the last decade of my life.

Here are some of the things that took place during my 20's...

I was accepted into Nursing School at Arizona State University...
and graduated from Nursing School 2 years later...
I met some really great friends in college who I miss so much now that I have moved all the way across the country!
As thankful as I am to be finished with nursing school, I do actually miss going on clinical rotations with my group! Good times!

My husband is younger than me by almost 2 years and he loves to tease me and say that I am "so old"! So...I will beat him to the punch on this one. Yes...those are scanned photos because I am "so old" that I was still using a film camera way back then and didn't have them saved digitally!

I got married (to the above-mentioned younger husband)...
He left for Navy boot camp...
...and then I joined him as we moved to the Chicago area.
(Yay...we have a digital camera now!)
 We really enjoyed all that Chicago had to offer for the 5 or so months that we lived there. Right before we moved, we found out we were pregnant...
Next, we moved to Virginia Beach where Steve was stationed on the USS Normandy...
We experienced our first long deployment during which our first daughter, Kylea, was born...
We said our goodbye's again for deployment #2 a couple of years later...
...until he came home 6 months later...
We left Kylea with my sister and took a quick trip to New York City...
The next year, we welcomed our second daughter, Addysen, into our family...
Both my brother...
...and my sister were married in that year as well...
The next year, my sister had a baby too...meet my nephew Brayden (who is almost 2 now...wow!)
Wow! That was a long post! I had a really hard time summarizing my twenties! So much has changed in my life in the last 10 years...which makes me excited for what the next decade will bring me!

No comments: