Sunday, April 17, 2011

I SPY: Neighborhood Edition

Ashley, from Little Miss Momma, just started a new photography series that I hope to join in on each week. This week's assignment was to take photos of our neighborhood! So...off we went...

First up on my 5 year old's list....the playground...of course!
We kept walking and came across some ducks...
...and some sun-bathing turtles...
...and more turtles...
We kept walking...
...and then some jets flew over...
We live near a Navy air base so the jets are a daily party of our neighborhood....and you will never hear me complain about the jet noise!!

Then we got in the car and drove to a new spot very near to our neighborhood that we hadn't had a chance to check out yet. They just finished building a walkway/fishing area on the lake near our house.
It is a pretty good sized lake. They are planning on adding a canoe/kayak launch area onto the lake very soon too!
Every since we moved here, we have always been interested in the fact that there are trees growing right in the middle of the lake...strange!
There wasn't that much going on at the lake that day, but we did come across quite a few very intricate spider webs!

This is the path behind our house that I have been running on a few days a week...
My 2 year old is usually with me when I run and her favorite part is when we get to the ducks!
Sorry the last couple of picks were poor quality...they were taken with my phone!

So...that is my neighborhood! I really enjoyed going around and taking pictures of my neighborhood and checking out all of the other "I SPY" posts. I'm already looking forward to next week's edition!

No comments: