I always have a few paper towel rolls on hand to pull out when needed....for telescopes, megaphones (only when I am in a really good mood), crafts, etc...
Crafts by Amanda. She has seriously taken the paper towel roll tube crafts to a whole new level!! She has a whole list of tutorials for making things out of paper towel (or bathroom tissue rolls if that doesn't gross you out like it does me!) rolls. She just started a farm animal series. Aren't these the cutest??
Go check out her blog for lots of great craft ideas!
We decided to make the cardboard tube bunny rabbit family!
Next up we decided to use some old baby socks to make some bunnies! We found this idea in a local community magazine.
1. Fill the sock from the toe to just above the heel with dried beans.
2. Use a rubberband to "seal" up the top of the sock.
3. Tie a ribbon around the sock to separate the head and body.
4. Cut the top of the sock in half to make the ears. Round the edges slightly.
4. Use felt pieces or fabric paint to make the eyes and nose.
I realize that you can see the dried beans through the sock in the picture because of the flash, but it is not as noticeable in person.
So...that is how we spent our day...recycling objects around our house to decorate for Easter! My daughter even learned a song in school about recycling and then taught it to her sister...Once I figure out how to post it on here, I will....any tips?? I tried posting through blogger, but wouldn't ever upload. Hmm...