Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sew Along for Japan- Day 2

I have joined other bloggers and Susan from {Living with Punks} in a

Sew Along for Japan!

image

You can read about my Day1 progress {here}.

IMG_9205, edit

Susan posted the Day2 instructions earlier today and I started on it earlier this evening.

IMG_9209, edit

The first part was a piece.of.cake since I was using my machine. The hand-stitching, on the other hand, is the part that I was dreading. I really dislike hand-sewing anything...even buttons (I would like to point out that there were 8 buttons too!) It’s not that I don’t know how or don’t do a decent job at it, but I just don’t have the patience for it! I would much rather spend hours sewing with my machine (which I have done on more than one occasion!) than just a few minutes hand-stitching! So….needless to say…I am happy that this step is done!

 

Eyes….check!

IMG_9211, edit

Cheeks and smiles (and hats)…check!

IMG_9215, edit

Bring on day 3!!

No comments: