Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lucky Charm Dresses….and a Sew Along for Japan!

I am so proud of my husband as he just completed his second marathon last week!
IMG_9146, edit2
This is the second year that he has participated in the Shamrock Marathon here in Virginia Beach!

I decided that I wanted to make my girls some dresses for the big day! Since the race also falls close to St. Patrick’s Day…my daughter could also wear her dress to school on that day too! It also gave me an excuse to finally try out a pattern from Lil Blue Boo. I have been following Ashley’s blog (and clothing store) since 2009 and I can’t believe that I hadn’t tried one of her patterns out until this month!

I am so inspired by her and the up cycling and screenprinting that she does! She will also be speaking at Creative Estates this year in April! It really makes me wish that I still lived in Arizona so that I could go!! Maybe one of these years…
image
I decided on the Sienna dress….very versatile with the sleeve styles and skirt styles!

I found some green shirts on clearance at Target and got to work! This is what I came up with…
IMG_9100, edit
IMG_9116, edit
I didn’t want them to be exactly the same…so I switched up the fabric a little bit between the two dresses! They are such comfy dresses too….perfect for  a long day at the Marathon!

After sewing the dresses, I added the design onto the front of each of them…Daddy’s Lucky Charm!
IMG_9097, edit

IMG_9117







I will definitely be making more of these! I snatched up a couple adult “vintage-looking” t-shirts last year to use! See….I have been planning on making a Lil Blue Boo dress for a while now! I’m glad I finally got one set finished at least!

Now…onto my next project!
Susan from {Living with Punks} is hosting a Sew Along for Japan this week using the pattern by Chelsea of {Pink Fig Patterns} that was featured at {UCreate} earlier this month. Whew….did you catch all of that?
image
I will be joining her to reach her goal of providing 500 shirts for the children of Japan! What a great way to reach out to the children!
image
Here is what Chelsea said about the pattern:
The name ”Chloe” means blooming and ”Mieko” in Japanese means beautiful blessed child. The heart in the middle represents the worlds love for Japan and is a sweet reminder of how we are all praying for them and their recovery.
image
Would you like to sew along too? Head over to Susan’s blog for all the details!! She has links to the pattern, info on all of the supplies that are needed, and she will doing step-by-step tutorials all this week! She even has a boy version of the pattern ready!

Everyone that is participating will be linking up their shirts to her blog on Thursday, March 31st!

In order to give us the motivation to get it done on time ( you all know that I need that!), she is holding a fabulous giveaway! There are 3 giveaway packages available from lots of wonderful shops! Get the details {here}.

I’m Sewing Along for Japan…..are you??
Don’t forget about the giveaway going on right now over at {Neathering Our Fest}!

I'm linking up at:

No comments: