Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

As I mentioned in the last post, I have never really put much effort into celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. This year was different!

Earlier this week, I put together some of these:

IMG_9007, edit

I found the idea and free printable over at It Is What It Is {You’re My Pot O’ Gold}.

 

I put one in a box along with a package of GREEN Sno Balls (because the sugar in the twizzlers and chocolate coins wasn’t enough! Ha!) and sent them off to my nephew.

IMG_9012, edit

I didn’t even know they made green Sno Balls. I think I have only had the original pink Sno Balls maybe once or twice in my entire life and the last time was probably 20 years ago, but….I just couldn’t reisist! I looked around online and apparently they are called Lucky Puffs!

 

The girls woke up this morning to discover that leprechauns had left them a couple of surprises…

…a basket of goodies (one rainbow/pot o’ gold package for each of them, green sno balls for each of them, some jellybeans, and some butterfly/hummingbird flower seeds and pots to plant them in)…

IMG_9040, edit

…chocolate gold coins hidden around the house for them to find…

IMG_9007, edit2

…and their favorite…the milk dyed green! They thought it was so funny!

IMG_9068, edit

I saw the idea for rainbow waffles over at Random Thoughts of a Supermom {Rainbow Waffles} and couldn’t wait to try them out with our new waffle iron that we received for Christmas!

 

I knew that there was no way that I was going to mix the batter and split it up into the different colors and make the waffles in time to get my daughter on the bus for kindergarten so…..we had rainbow waffles for lunch instead.

 

I decided that it would be easier to put the batter in the squeeze bottles that I use for cookie decorating…

IMG_9043, edit

I’ll be honest with you…the first waffle wasn’t too pretty! I don’t think that I had put enough batter in so I had a little bit of trouble getting it out in one piece. It still tasted good though! Yay!

 

I made sure to add enough batter after that…

IMG_9061, edit

Don’t forget the whipped cream for the clouds…

IMG_9065, edit

My girls loved these!

 

We also had some healthy green snacks like green apples…

IMG_9051, edit

…and green grapes…

image

I really wanted to try the rainbow fruit kabobs that I have seen everywhere lately, but I never got around to buying all of the fruit the day before!

image

{source}

Even though there was a lot of candy in their bucket this morning, they each only ate 1 chocolate coin today and a couple of jellybeans each.

 

That’s mainly because I also made some rainbow cupcakes…

IMG_9046

IMG_9070, edit

Without a doubt, they loved these too! (Who wouldn’t?!)

IMG_9079, edit

IMG_9082, edit

So…that is how we celebrated St. Patrick’s Day this year! I already have a list of new ideas to try next year too! I hope you had a great day too!

IMG_9093, edit

No comments: