Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine’s Day 2011

I came across so many great ideas this year for Valentine’s Day décor, foods, class valentines, and more. I really wish I had more time to get them all done, but I don’t! So… I have them saved and ready to go for next year!

I {love} Pinterest!! Have you signed up for it yet?? You can follow me here…. {My Pinterest Boards}
image
Here are some of the things that I did get to try:
Valentines for our family from my girls:
IMG_8764, edit
IMG_8763, edit
I found these over at one of my favorite blogs, Brown Paper Packages. She offers the downloadable text on her blog so that you can make your own! My girls loved making these and my 2 year old thought the thumbprint people were “Awwww…..so cute!”
Heart-Shaped Hand Pies:
I shared these recently on my blog {here}, but I had to mention them again because they were one of our favorite things this Valentine’s Day!
IMG_8757, edit
Valentine’s Day Mantle:
I loved all the inspiration posts linked up to Beth’s mantle party! I definitely spent a lot of time browsing through them! This is my first year putting up any real Valentine’s decorations so I was starting from scratch. Some of my regular décor items ended up in the attic with the Christmas boxes and I have yet to retrieve them so the wall is bare!
mantle2
I scored the red charger at our local Habitat for Humanity ReStore…love that place!! I wouldn’t have picked it up if I hadn’t seen this post over at The Copy Cat Crafters… {Be Mine Bargain}.
IMG_8689
It had a couple of scratches on it, but I knew that I would be putting vinyl lettering over it anyways! I’m not totally in love with the font that I ended up using so I may re-do it for next year!
IMG_8777
I was only able to finish one of the topiaries rather than the 3 that I planned to complete. I used the tutorial over at The Idea Room…{Valentine’s Topiary}.
{Love} it!!!
IMG_8776, edit
I knew that I would be using the printable offered by Becky Higgins from the moment that she posted it here…{hello, valentine}
IMG_8775, edit
I also added just a few little touches around the house…
IMG_8767, edit
IMG_8770, edit
Tonight, my husband was on duty all night so the girls and I made some heart-shaped pizzas! Fun!
IMG_8851
I hope you had a Happy Valentine’s Day!!

Linking up to:
The Girl Creative: Just Something I Whipped Up 

No comments: