Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Simplify for the New Year: Highlights

I don’t know about you, but I am amazed at the amount of stuff in my house that I was able to get rid of in January. Some of it went straight to the trash…some of it was donated…and some of it is being stored until my garage sale in the spring.
image
It is a very freeing feeling to think about all of the stuff  that is no longer taking up space in my home. I still have a long way to go before I get to where I want to be, but I feel like I have accomplished a lot. It is definitely a continual process to maintain a simplified home…so I am going to make the effort to routinely evaluate the things that I keep around.

I was hoping to clear out each space in my house during the month of January…but life happened…and it is taking me longer than I wanted it to. There are certain areas that I completed, but I didn’t post about yet so watch for those posts to be up soon! I guess it took me a while to accumulate all of the clutter so it is going to take a little bit of time to clear it out…but it is well worth it!

In review…

I talked about the importance of having a good planner in {Starting Fresh}…
image
I took my entryway closet from this…
image
to this…
image
in {The Entryway Closet}.
I tackled my junk drawer in {The Dreaded Junk Drawer}.
image
…Before









image
…After














I simplified my youngest daughter’s closet {here}.

image
image
I created a sort of “Command Center” for some of the most frequently used items in my day. It definitely has helped to keep my desk free of the large amount of paper that comes into our house on a daily basis.
{My New Command Center}
image
I also showed you how I organize my day and my schedule…{Organized Schedule}
image
I loved looking through all of the posts that were linked up! Even though everyone had the same goal in mind when it came to organizing, the ideas were so unique! Here are some of my favorites:

Emily and Jaime from Our Everyday Art shared the way they organize their recipes. {Organizing Our Recipes}
image
I am working on a recipe binder of my own right now. I *love* magazines!! I get most of them for free…yay! I like to try at least one new recipe each week so I am always tearing recipe ideas out of my magazines. Once I make the recipe, I add it to my online recipe book (Tastebook). Until that time though, I need a nice place to keep them! I’ll definitely be sharing it once it gets put together.

Jaime also shared how she stores her kids memorabilia! What a great idea!
{Organize Kid Memorabilia}
image

I love how DaNita from Delightful Order organized her pantry…so clean and simple! Great use of baskets too! {Peek Inside My Pantry}
image
Carrie from Dittle Dattle did a great job organizing her thread!
{My Obsession}
image
I am already on the look out (Craigslist) for some cabinets to put in my laundry “closet” like Rebecca from The Sparitarian did! Love.love.love this!!!
{My New Laundry Room}
image
Here is my absolute favorite link-up though…
Dina’s pantry organization at Honey & Fitz!
{Pantry Organization Complete}
image
Wow!! I love everything about it….the color, the carpet tiles, the chalkboard painted crates..everything! What a great idea to have a cart for a stand mixer so you don’t have to lift it up and down out of the cabinet! Love it!!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to link up. Everyone had great ideas and solutions for their clutter problems. I wish I could feature them all. Take some time to go back to the posts and see what everyone had to share!

I will be doing a similar event when “Spring Cleaning” time comes around! I can’t wait!

I have quite a few giveaways coming up! Follow me via Google Friend Connect to stay updated! I am also still offering free advertising until I reach 300 followers! Get the details {here}.

Great news!! Shaklee has decided to extend the FREE Cinch Sampler Pack until March 31st. Don’t let this pass you by again! Not convinced that Cinch is the way to go? Contact me for more information on how it can make a difference in weight loss attempts! Read more about the offer {here}
image
I also still have an additional special offer going on. E-mail me at healthy-solutions {at} hotmail {dot} com for more info!!

Have a great week!

No comments: