Friday, February 25, 2011

I’m Still Here!

I know that I haven’t posted in a while, but…I am still here!

We had a couple of really nice days (70-75 degree days) so I was actually able to pull out the spray paint and start on a couple of projects on my list! Yay!
image
When our youngest daughter was born 2 1/2 years ago, we moved our oldest daughter into a new bedroom. I painted her room before she moved into it, but that is about it. I had big plans for a tree to be painted on one wall and some dry-brushed clouds, some wall art,etc… I still have those plans too! About a year ago, I finally got around to putting together one piece of art for her wall….
IMG_8897, edit
You remember the very popular butterfly collage by Ali Edwards from 3 years ago or so, right?! Who doesn’t? She definitely started a trend with that back then! Here is her version:
image
We also hung a few butterflies that I found at the local wholesale floral shop! I loved the butterflies that they had at Pottery Barn back then, but I found these and they were *much* more affordable!
IMG_8895, edit
So…this one corner of her room started to look a little more finished:
IMG_8898, edit
Her room used to be our spare bedroom/office/craft room. My pin board from high school used to be hanging in that room. Isn’t it pretty!! Bahaha!
IMG_8887, edit
Once upon a time…during high school….it matched my room. At the time, I was pretty proud of the fact that I had stamped a design on a plain corkboard! Anyways…I held onto it because I wanted to make a French memo/photo board for my daughter’s room. Yes…I have held onto it for almost 3 years with that intention…horrifying! At least it is finally finished now!

I spray painted the frame, took my daughter to pick out some fabric and ribbon, and ta-da:
IMG_8890, edit
My daughter quickly found some cards and photos lying around her room and hung them up…
IMG_8891, edit
It feels so good to finally be able to cross something off of my to do list. Hopefully it won’t take another 3 years to get the rest of her room finished!!

I also started on a project in my youngest daughter’s room…didn’t want her to get jealous of her sister’s room progress! I’ll be posting those pics soon!

While I was spray painting the corkboard frame, I also spray painted these…
IMG_8877, edit
I picked these up at Target’s Halloween Clearance (75% off I think) a couple years ago for a couple bucks! I already spray painted them once (they used to be a “scary” rustic gray color), but now they look so much better! Watch for the reveal coming up soon!

Don’t forget about the Free Cinch Sampler Pack through March 31st ($101 value). Read about it {here}. I also have a really great unadvertised special…e-mail me for details!

I'm linking up at:
Serenity Now: Weekend Bloggy Reading
Kuzak's Closet: Sister Sister Sunday 
Under the Table and Dreaming: Sunday Showcase 
Dittle Dattle: Amaze Me Monday 
The DIY Showoff: Project Parade 
The Girl Creative: Just Something I Whipped Up 
Making the World Cuter Monday 
Between Naps on the Porch: Metamorphosis Monday
Keeping it Simple: Motivate Me Monday 
Saturday Mornings: Strut Your Stuff 
I Heart Naptime: Sundae Scoop 
Craft Test Dummies: National Craft Month Linky Party 
Handy Man, Craft Woman: Wicked Awesome Wednesday

No comments: