Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Perfect Valentine Treat!

Remember these?

image

These are so easy to make and I love keeping mine in the deep freezer. They are so yummy as a cool treat…and they are less tempting when they are all the way in the garage!

Lately, I have been thinking about trying to make some macarons. There are so many bloggers that have mastered making the perfect macaron.

image
{via}

Let me tell you….the thought of making macarons intimidates me! Yes…I am publicly admitting that I am intimidated by a cookie! In addition to the success stories…I have also heard of the many failed attempts that people have experienced when trying to make macarons!

I am trying to put my fear intimidation aside and work up the courage to attempt making macarons very soon. You may…or may not…hear about how they turn out. That depends on how bad I butcher the first batch!

Anyways…the other day, I found myself at Delectable Deliciousness admiring her red velvet valentine’s macarons

image
{via}

Aren’t those fabulous?!?

Then I had a “light bulb moment!” I decided to substitute red velvet cake mix in place of the devil’s food cake in the homemade oreo recipe that I shared {here}.

Ta Da….

IMG_8569, edit

These would make the perfect valentine treat for friends, neighbors, teachers, etc…

I suggest freezing them for a short time before packaging them up so that the cream filling holds its shape.

IMG_8566, edit

You could also tint the cream filling pink….or roll the edges in red and pink sprinkles…so many possibilities!

FYI…This is the first year that I have really decorated for Valentine’s Day! Watch for some posts in February showing how I am decorating and some other fun Valentine’s Day treats that I am trying!

What are you favorite homemade Valentine treats?

IMG_8581, edit

There are only 2 more days after today to take advantage of Shaklee’s January offer of a FREE Cinch Sampler Kit (a $101 value).

image

Also, don’t forget to contact me to find out about the special offer that is available at checkout…you don’t want to miss this!

Have a great weekend!

I'm linking up at:
Serenity Now: Weekend Bloggy Reading
Tatertots and Jello: Weekend Wrap-up Party 
Young and Crafty: Free for All 
Kuzak's Closet: Sister Sister Sunday 
Under the Table and Dreaming: Sunday Showcase 
Dittle Dattle: Amaze Me Monday 
The Girl Creative: Just Something I Whipped Up

No comments: