Monday, December 20, 2010

Chocolate Pretzel Bites

pretzel bites, edit
I don’t know about you, but I love a snack with a salty-sweet combination! These Chocolate Pretzel Bites are one of my favorite snacks to bring to parties and other functions…..and I never have any to bring back home with me because everyone devours them!

Someone brought these to a playgroup cookie swap that I attended 3-4 years ago and I have been making them ever since then. They are super easy to make too!

You just need small pretzels (either round or square), Hershey kisses, and M&M’s. These are the pretzels that I use:
IMG_8037, crop
Preheat your oven to 170 degrees F.

Place pretzels on a baking sheet and put 1 Hershey kiss on each pretzel:
IMG_8033, edit
I put mine in the oven for about 7 minutes, but cooking times may vary from oven to oven.

Next, place 1 M&M on each Hershey kiss and push it down into the chocolate. If you find that the Hershey kiss isn’t melted all the way when you put the M&M on it, just put them in the oven for a little longer and then try again.

This is what it will look like:
IMG_8035, edit
I usually wait until the pan has cooled and then stick the whole thing in the fridge to set the chocolate because I am not patient enough! Ha!
 
These treats are very versatile too! Last year, I made some with Rolo’s and pecan halves to make a chocolate turtle candy. Yum!

In the past, I have used specific colors of M&M’s for baby showers and birthday parties as well as team colors for a super bowl party!

One of my friends used Sponge Bob graham crackers (because they are small), kisses, and marshmallows for a S’mores bite! So fun!

Don't forget that Shaklee is offering a FREE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP through December 31st. Don't miss out on this great offer. Go to my post here to get more info! 



Making



Sumo Sweet Stuff

Keeping It Simple






Photobucket


handmade projects





Linking up to Gypsy's Corner here



 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Beauty and Bedlam

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm with you - sweet and salty is a killer combination! These look so fast and yummy!

Donnie said...

I made those many years ago. thanks for reminding me how much we liked them. Now I have bookmarked the recipe. Merry Christmas.

Kim Vance said...

Use a ROLO instead of a kiss and a pecan halve instead of the M&M and they will taste like a turtle. Soooooo good!