Friday, October 1, 2010

So Long Spot Shot!!

I have heard stories of how well Basic H2 works for cleaning carpets, but I hadn’t had a chance to try it until last night! Many people even use it in there carpet deep cleaners. I will definitely be trying it the next time I clean my carpets with my machine.

My 5 year old was “playing in her room” yesterday afternoon. The funny thing is that she wasn’t actually playing in her room. She was in our upstairs hallway with a bottle of purple fabric paint. Yikes!

IMG_7165, editShe tried her best to get it out of the carpet herself without telling me. She even tried using her toothbrush because she said it “scrubs really well!” When she decided that it was a hopeless cause and that the carpet would be purple forever, she decided to just hide it under a basket. 5 hours later….I moved the basket and discovered the paint! The paint was completely dry by that time.

Never fear….Basic H2 is here! Instead of focusing on the fact that I now had purple carpet in a very visible area of our hallway, I decided to see what Basic H2 could do for me! Even I was amazed!!

IMG_7167, edit  I have to admit that I was skeptical that it could take the dried paint completely out of the carpet. I thought that it might clean most of it up, but I thought that I would probably have to go back over it with some carpet stain removal or my carpet deep cleaning machine. I poured some water on the stain, added a few drops (yes…drops!!) of Basic H2 and just scrubbed the stain. I then used my compact carpet cleaning machine to just remove the water from the carpet. It really only took me about 5 minutes from start to finish and I was amazed at the results!!

Did you know that the first aid instructions for Spot Shot include this:

Inhalation (Breathing): Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration . If breathing is difficult, give oxygen and get medical attention.

Really?? Artificial respiration and oxygen….just by cleaning a carpet stain??

The chances of inhaling some of the chemicals when spraying it onto the stain are probably pretty high. I’m glad that I can now add this to the list of chemicals that I have been able to get rid of! I’m also thrilled that my carpet is no longer purple!!

No comments: