Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Frugal Chick…

frugal chick
If you have a desire to live a more frugal lifestyle and save money, then you need to visit Laura’s blog, A Frugal Chick. I have been following her blog since last year and have saved lots of money thanks to the deals that she posts. I love that she is local (Hampton Roads area), but many of her deals are applicable across the country too!


She shares everything from diaper deals at the drugstore to the Groupon deals of the day! You can also find out which coupons to expect in the Sunday paper each week!

For those of you that are local, she also holds coupon classes. According to her website, the classes include the following topics:


Sources for Coupons
Coupon Organization
Coupon Policies
Shopping Preparation
Drug Store Deals
Local Farmers Markets
Uses for Expired Coupons
… and much more!

A couple of my friends have taken her class and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Remember my post about my great shopping trips? The first picture was from my trip to Harris Teeter. Many of the deals that I was able to take advantage of that day were from links she had shared on her blog! You can also become a fan of her Facebook page and the great deals will show up right in your news feed!

Laura is hosting a giveaway for 10 winners to each receive a sample of Basic H2. Each sample is enough to make one 16 ounce bottle of all-purpose cleaner and one 16 ounce bottle of window cleaner. This is a great chance for you to try out my favorite cleaner!!

Here is some of what she said about Shaklee’s Basic H2:


“I am a horrible house cleaner. There it is in writing for all to see.

But more than that I HATED the way my house smelled after I cleaned it. The floor smelled like lemons, the bathroom smelled like ammonia, my dishes smelled “spring fresh” and the whole thing gave me a headache from the chemicals.

Then one day someone said to me that a truly clean house should smell like nothing- it just should smell clean. And that is when I discovered Basic H2 by Shaklee.” Go to her blog to read more!

Don’t forget that using Shaklee products will help you to live a frugal lifestyle too! Check out the cost comparison chart!


Head over to Laura’s blog to enter the giveaway! This giveaway is open until Sunday, October 3rd! Good luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I LOVE Basic G- I used it all the time when I worked in Virginia Garden Organic Grocery in the Farmer's Market. I had forgotten about it and I'm going to go pick up a bottle now.

I'm curious, do you know any green and cost-effective products that I can use around the house for pest control? My small dog and I have awful allergies.

Safe and Healthy Solutions said...

I have heard that many people have had success using Basic H2 to control the pests in their gardens, but I haven't heard of it being used around the house for pest control. There are many natural "recipes" for pest control that are plant based. I'm sure that you would be able to find it easily with an internet search. When I come across helpful information in regards to pest control, I will post the information on my blog.

Have you used any of the other Shaklee products other than Basic G? I haven't been to the Organic Grocer at the Farmer's Market yet, but it is on my list of things to do! :)