Sunday, August 22, 2010

“Clean”: Re-evaluated

GETCLEANdeluxe_lo_rez

I originally came across the Shaklee brand of cleaning products on a couple of blogs that I have been following. The before and after pictures of countertops, appliances, floors, windows, and more that were cleaned with these products amazed me. I tend to be pretty skeptical when it comes to new products that claim to do amazing things, so I decided to do a little research. I couldn’t find one complaint regarding these products! In fact, Oprah even featured the Get Clean line on her show in 2007 (see video in sidebar) and chose the Get Clean Starter Kit as one of her “favorite things”!

image

Not only did I discover that these products clean exceptionally well (even better than some well known cleaning products that I had in my own home) and actually cost less than the cleaners I have been using, but I also became very educated on the fact that they are natural and non-toxic and *why* that is important! I read article after article, found during my own independent research rather than by just reading the information on the Shaklee website, that warned of the dangers that lie within our homes. I don’t know how you will feel, but once I found out that I was basically spreading potentially toxic chemicals all over my floors, windows, bathrooms, my daughter’s highchair tray (yikes!), etc…, I realized that I had to make a change.

IMG_4697,-edit

Shaklee’s Get Clean line provides:

* SAFE Clean

* POWERFUL Clean

* GREEN Clean

* SMART Clean

I will be posting a series of blog topics on some of the dangers in your home that you probably aren’t aware of, a breakdown of the cost-effectiveness of these products, and many more facts and photos. Here are a few facts that I am going to leave you with:

*In the past 30 years, over 81,000 new chemicals have been registered with the EPA, but….fewer than 20% of them have been tested for toxicity!!

* “Fragrance” is considered proprietary information which means the company does not have to disclose what is contained in it. This term is usually used very generally which could possibly make the “fragrance” (a.k.a. hidden ingredients) one of the more dangerous ingredients in the product!

*Air pollution inside our homes is 2-5 times higher than the air outside our homes!

*I was able to replace all of these household cleaners with just 3 products from Shaklee!

IMG_6696, edit

No comments: